Oncology Board Review, Second Edition: Blueprint Study Guide and Q&A
- Titre: Oncology Board Review, Second Edition: Blueprint Study Guide and Q&A
- Nom du fichier: oncology-board-review-second-edition-blueprint-study-guide-and-q-a.pdf
- Date de sortie: May 8, 2017
- éditeur: Demos Medical
- Nombre de pages: 494
Oncology Board Review: Blueprint Study Guide and Q&A is a concise, outline-based study guide covering the topics that appear on the Medical Oncology Certification Exam. This second edition has been thoroughly revised to include new treatment regimens, clinical guidelines, and other updates impacting the field and reflected on the test.
The book includes all topics listed in the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) blueprint as essential material for the Medical Oncology Certification Exam. The coverage spans all hematologic malignancies and solid tumors, beginning with the epidemiology, and followed by the etiology and risk factors of the disease, staging, signs and symptoms, diagnostic criteria, indications for treatment, prognostic factors, treatment recommendations, and special considerations. Later chapters review other major subspecialty areas found on the exam including cancer genetics and tumor biology, supportive and palliative care, bone marrow transplantation, and biostatistics. Each chapter includes key points summarized in digestible bullets for easy recall and self-assessment. And, now containing over 230 board style questions with answers and detailed rationales, Oncology Board Review, Second Edition is the go-to, quick review for any trainee preparing for initial certification and for oncologists preparing for recertification.
New to this Edition:
- Includes over 230 board style questions and answers with rationales
- New chapter on Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Thoroughly updated and revised chapters with all new treatment recommendations and FDA approvals for solid tumors and hematologic malignancies included.